Friday, October 1, 2010

First day of class


So yesterday was my first day in class (I had to miss the first few days as I was in Paris). Eager to make a good impression, I woke up with an eye infection that made me look like I just got punched in the face. On top of that, I got a haircut in Paris, my first since I left NY, and it was way too short... I look like I just got out of prison.
Nevertheless, the day went smoothly, the teacher and my fellow classmates were relativedly pleasant, and the menu was good. On the other hand, I almost slipped on the wet kitchen floor, so first thing this morning, I bought a pair of hideous "chaussures de sécurité" as they call them.
For lunch we sat together and ate the Veau Marengo and Tarte Alsacienne we made in the morning, and we took home the Blanquette de Veau and Tarte aux Pommes we made in the afternoon. So far I am holding my ground, though I can definitely use some improvement on my knife skills.
I wonder what is on the menu for Monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment