Sunday, August 29, 2010

Le dimanche

Okay, we've been jealously eyeing the beach from the window of our new pad, but the wind started howling so strong that Sara and I preferred to wait till it died down a bit before venturing too near the sand. So, after endless running errands (internet, bank, landlord, etc) and dodging poo on the sidewalk, we decided to take it easy and chill out at home, fully admiring the cerulean sky and ocean while keeping out eyeballs safe.
I have to say that I am somewhat traumatized by Sundays in Europe; more than once have I been caught with a diaper or other emergency necessitating a purchase (or maybe a craving for sushi) only to be faced with frustration at streets of shuttered shop facades. Today was no exception - Sara and I ventured downtown to try to change American currency to no avail. Tonight (since we are not equipped in the kitchen) I wanted to try one of the restaurants recommended by Alexander Lobrano (NY Times magazine, 7 July 2010) and they are all closed!

No comments:

Post a Comment